Fiber Optic Directional Drilling Specialist
Lantek Companies, Victor, NY
Lantek Companies is a fast-growing family owned and operated company that provides Fiber Optic Services to the Greater Rochester and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to supporting and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As an employee you will gain valuable skills through training and on-the-job experience. We offer competitive pay, including medical, vision, and dental coverage, Holiday/vacation pay as well as 401k employer match program. We are a member of the FOA in which are discounts on certifications and training programs to further your education.
Fiber Optic Directional Drilling Specialists Job Description
Implement all directional drilling plans and procedures according to company plan and oversee all drilling operations of rig site and ensure compliance to all drilling objectives. The Fiber Optic Directional Dill Specialist will manage bore path and perform survey to compute and monitor all rate penetration and maintain an efficient list of all directional tools and perform survey on all equipment. The Directional Drill Specialist will provide assistance and training to all drilling trainees.
Fiber Optic Directional Drilling Specialists Responsibilities and Duties
- The Fiber Optic Directional Drill Specialist is responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD’s following the equipment training program.
- Meets and maintains all minimum Safety training requirements as well as job related training.
- Mentors less experienced personnel.
- Leads any directional drilling job.
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fluids and mixtures.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
The fiber Optic Directional Drill Specialists Skills
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish with pride.
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
- Listens and communicates effectively with managers, peers and clients both written and verbally.
The Fiber Optic Directional Drill Specialists Requirements
- At least 3-5yrs experience in drilling horizontal.
- Clean driver license.
- CDL preferred and/or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Pre-employment physical and drug test
Job Type: Full-time