Coudersport, PA 16915
Salary: $19.00 to $23.00 /hour
Lantek Fiber Optic Service, Inc. is a growing leader in the fiber optic, telecommunication industry. We are a family owned and operated company that is dedicated to their customers, values it’s employees and offers competitive pay and benefits for the right candidate. The services we provide range from Aerial/Underground construction to fiber optic splicing.
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated individuals for full time employment as a Splicing Technician . The candidate should be mechanically inclined, have a strong work ethic, have strong attention to detail and want to become a long term member of the Lantek family.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Specialized in fiber tools (OTDR, Power Meter and Light Source, VFL, Fusion Splicer);
- Able to view and print traces
- Advanced trouble shooting skills
- Theory of telecom
- Strong Knowledge of Fiber Optic construction and maintenance
- Understand splice schematics.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- OSP Technician will be responsible for splicing fiber, the installation and operation of Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant Fiber Optic/Copper Networks as well as confirms accurate cable terminations on cross connect, patch panels and ONT’s.
- Work aloft and in close spaces up to 50ft in a bucket truck, ladder, or climb utility poles; work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions; work in manholes.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work nights/weekends when the job requires.
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- handling 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally;
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and bending
- Manual dexterity in the performance of tasks
- Drive a company vehicle; must have a clean driver record.
- All candidates subject to pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Please forward contact info and resume to this posting.
Hourly based on experience
Job Type: Full-time