Victor, NY 14564
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Lantek Companies is actively seeking a Human Resources Assistant. This position will be under the supervision of the HR Manager and is a non-exempt position. We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic and team individual. If you meet the qualifications listed below and would like to advance your career, please apply now! Become part of our growing Rochester Top 100 company.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company provide Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with employer match contribution
- Paid Time Off
The Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The Human Resources Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: HRIS, payroll, employee relations, benefits, administration, recruitment and pre and post employment processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs customer service functions by responding employee requests and questions.
• Conducts new employee orientations.
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
• Participates in benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, reconciling benefit states and approving invoices for payment.
• Updates Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database as needed.
• Assists with processing of employee terminations.
• Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Assists with recruitment and screening candidate applications for position vacancies.
• Schedules candidate interviews.
• Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
• Assists or prepares correspondence.
• Prepares new employee files.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Requires knowledge of principles and practices of human resources. Prior experience general employment law with an HRIS database background is desirable. Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
Lantek Companies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability.